Last revised: August 29, 2018
Your use of our website and the systems are also governed by our Terms of Service.
How Does SavvyPhone Collect Information?
We collect information from Subscribers and visitors to the systems at different points on the systems, including: when you register or create an account; when you place an order; when you enter promotions or sweepstakes; when you subscribe to a newsletter or desire to be added to our mailing lists for other products or services; when you correspond, update your account information or otherwise interact with us; when you “Share” your SavvyCard with others, or when others “Share” their SavvyCard with you; when you correspond with others on our platform, or when others correspond with you on our platform; when you provide user generated content (blog posts, comments, photos, videos, messages, social media, etc.); and when you provide feedback in any of our online surveys.
Why Does SavvyPhone Collect Personal Information?
What Personal Information Does SavvyPhone Gather?
The information we gather from our Subscribers and visitors helps us provide products and services to you, and to personalize and continually improve your experience of SavvyPhone systems. Information we collect may include but is not limited to: your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, product preference information, billing information, demographic information provided by you (such as language, gender and age, and, if applicable, content preferences and personalization information) and personal interest information. Additionally, if you use our SavvyCard functionality, we collect and store all personal information which you choose to add to your SavvyCard. As this information will be / may be accessible by others, you should take care in adding confidential or sensitive information to your SavvyCard, such as financial information, health and medical information, and other sensitive information.
Here is more detail regarding the types of information we gather:
- Traffic Data: Like most system operators, SavvyPhone automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of devices accessing the system; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the system (collectively "Traffic Data"). For more detail on this topic, please refer to the ‘Google Analytics’ section below.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our system or give us in any other way. See below for examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as interacting with you, offering support, making suggestions, responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
- Personal Information: Through your use of or visits to our systems, you may be required or requested to provide personally identifiable information and other personal information (hereafter "Personal Information") to us. Personal Information is any piece of information which can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person. “Personal Information” also includes such information protected by applicable laws relating to the privacy and security of personal data and information. Such information includes, without limitation: (1) contact data (such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address); (2) demographic data (such as your age, gender, profession, education level, country, state, city and likes and dislikes,); and may include (3) financial data (such as your credit/debit card number and expiration date). In each case, you will be asked to provide Personal Information; the system will not gather it automatically or surreptitiously. SavvyPhone may supplement the Personal Information you provide with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third-parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) who may lawfully provide such information to SavvyPhone. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information - however, if you decide not to do so, you may be prevented from using certain of the features and services available on the system.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many systems, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses SavvyPhone systems and other content served by or on behalf of SavvyPhone on other systems. See below for examples of the automatic information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from SavvyPhone systems if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information that you make Public: The systems may contain features (e.g. public profiles, forums, and message boards) that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other material, including some of your Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which SavvyPhone is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. See below for examples of the information we receive.
We treat any Personal Information that may be contained in cookies with the same level of confidentiality as other information you provide to us. If you wish to disable cookie functionality, you may do so by changing the security settings on your browser.
How Does SavvyPhone Use the Information It Receives?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include system development or hosting, sending e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing Subscriber services. They have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Disclosure in Connection with Services: SavvyPhone discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide Services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- Third Parties Who Work With SavvyPhone: SavvyPhone may share your Personal Information with trusted vendors and partners who work with SavvyPhone. These partners are provided with your Personal Information to help us communicate with you about offers from us and from our marketing partners. They are contractually required to keep this Personal Information secure and to only use it for the purposes for which it is provided. SavvyPhone may send Personal Information about you to other companies or people when we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested, or to provide a product or service to you. However, these companies are only permitted to use the Personal Information for these purposes.
- By Law or to Protect Rights: SavvyPhone discloses Personal Information when:
- required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal request; or
- when SavvyPhone believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- enforce or apply our Terms of Service; or
- protect the safety, property, or rights of SavvyPhone, our Subscribers, our visitors, third parties, or the public at large.
- Unpaid Accounts: If you fail to pay any balance owed in consideration of Services, SavvyPhone may, as permitted by law, report your Personal Information, including without limitation your unpaid balance, to consumer credit reporting services, collection agencies and others.
- With Your Consent: You will receive notice when information about you might be shared with third parties in situations not provided for in this Policy, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. Additionally, we will share Personal Information in accordance with your consent or other instructions.
When Will I Receive Communications from SavvyPhone?
- Service Announcements: On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send Subscribers an email. Generally, Subscribers may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- Customer Service: SavvyPhone communicates with Subscribers via email, regular mail and telephone on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their SavvyPhone account or usage.
- System Notifications: The SavvyCard platform generates email notifications when certain events or interactions occur on the website. Examples of system notifications include notifications when automated changes are made to your SavvyCard account, when “Share” events occur on your card, or when you “Share” someone else’s SavvyCard, or when someone corresponds with you through your SavvyCard.
How Can I Stop Receiving Communications from SavvyPhone?
All email communications from SavvyPhone will include a link to unsubscribe from emails of that type (promotional, announcement, notifications, etc.). You may select that link to remove yourself from those communications going forward. Additionally, you may request that we stop communicating with you all together, by sending a request email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Secure is My Data?
While SavvyPhone takes reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your data, no one can completely guarantee the safety of data transmitted over the internet. It is important that you take steps to ensure the safety and security of your Personal Information, for example by not sharing passwords or other registration data. When using a shared computer, be sure to log out when finished.
What About Third-Party Systems, Links to Other Systems, and Advertising?
What Data Can I Access?
SavvyPhone gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with SavvyPhone for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You can access your information by logging into https://www.savvycard.com/account/login and then entering your email address and a password.
What Choices Do I Have?
Are Children Allowed to Use SavvyPhone Systems?